Dedicated Oklahoma City Estate Planning Lawyers
Along with planning for retirement, planning your estate is a fundamental step toward protecting your assets and providing for your family over the long term. It may seem like something you can keep putting off, but getting your estate in order – if you haven’t already – really should be a priority. All of a sudden it could be too late, and then your family will be left with unnecessary burdens and without a sense of direction while also dealing with the loss of their loved one.
Regardless of whether you are a business owner or experienced professional with a substantial estate, or a young person or couple seeking to plan for the future, the estate planning attorneys at Zuhdi & Flynn, PLLC in Oklahoma City will provide personalized, custom-tailored legal solutions for planning your estate.
COMPREHENSIVE ESTATE PLANNING AND ADMINISTRATION
Our Oklahoma City estate planning lawyers have decades of experience planning and administering the estates of Oklahoma residents. After working with you to understand and assess your personal and family circumstances, we will prepare a comprehensive estate plan that includes the necessary legal instruments to ensure that your wishes are carried out properly. These may include:
- Simple Will – A simple will may be appropriate in certain circumstances, such as estates involving few assets of modest value, often resulting in a simplified probate administration.
- Complex Will – Often includes provisions for testamentary trusts or provisions for beneficiaries who are minors, and allows for tax planning without use of a revocable trust.
- Irrevocable Trust – A trust that typically cannot be modified once created, often used for tax planning and to protect the proceeds of life insurance policies.
- Revocable Trust – A trust that allows your beneficiaries to avoid the probate process while providing flexibility for use and disposition of your assets during your life.
- Pour-over Will – Works in conjunction with a revocable trust by providing for disposition of assets not originally included under the revocable trust.
DEALING WITH A FAMILY MEMBER’S INCAPACITY (OKLAHOMA INCAPACITY PLANNING)
In Oklahoma, certain health conditions – whether caused by an accident, cancer, dementia, Alzheimer’s or other debilitating condition – can result in you or a loved one being deemed legally incapable of making critical financial and health care-related decisions. If this occurs, you need documentation in place to provide someone else with the authority to make these decisions on your behalf and in accordance with your wishes. This can be done through a revocable trust, power of attorney, or advanced health care directive, or through seeking and obtaining legal guardianship.
To learn more about these options and decide which documents are appropriate for your situation, contact the compassionate team at Zuhdi & Flynn, PLLC today.
Contact an experienced Oklahoma City Estate Planning Lawyer Today
It is never too early to plan for the future. To schedule a consultation with one of the experienced estate planning attorneys in the Oklahoma City office of Zuhdi & Flynn, PLLC, contact us today.